Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Week's Adventures

This was the week to settle in to my comfy quarters and get things ready for the coming week's adventure.

May I give you a little tour?

Entering the building and then into my apartment was a nice feeling of "coming home" to my place in Paris.

Our building at 6 Villa Monceau is always kept in such nice condition and the neighborhood is welcoming and quiet.














I gave Heartman and myself time to get settle in.
The first thing I did was move the furniture around.
How do you like the diagonal look?

















Kitchen was the same, with a few more little conveniences added by the thoughtful previous owner, like some cereal, butter, crackers and condiments, tea, sugar, etc., already in the cupboard for those first moments. A chance to sit with a cup of tea.




So as to help get onto this time zone I didn't want to go to sleep yet, although I sure felt like I could, it was time to get unpacked, take things out of the "cave" (storage area) and walk around the neighborhood....




...
A dangerous thing to do if hungry!

But I resisted. My new mantra is "It is artwork! And I don't lick paintings or bite sculpture in museums and galleries, so this is like that...it's artwork!" And it surely is. More photos later.



Finally, time for a shower ...









...and a good night's sleep in my comfy bed.














The view of the ceiling ends the apartment tour:-)







Oh, if you come to see me, here is a beautiful Murphy bed...



ready to accomodate!













I love the diversity of Paris.
You are never too old, or young to ride a scooter
around the city.


And this cute guy on the metro was so conscious of his hair, he kept twirling it. I didn't catch the side that was bleached blond. Quite stylish.




During the early part of the week, I had to go to my bank to withdraw some precious euros.

BNP Paribas is my bank at Place de L'Opéra. Impressive.






Check out the garden ON THE WALL in the lobby.




And opposite the bank on the Place is L'Opéra Garnier, a magnificent building; worth taking the inside tour.





Chemo Adventure comes in next post

Thanks for checking in!

No comments: