Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Arrivals in Paris - Wendy and Heartman!

Welcome to my Paris Impressions! PLEASE, if you would rather not receive email notification when I put up a new posting, just let me know and I will gladly and quickly remove your name. No problem. You can come here anytime by going to www.parisimpressions.blogspot.com

What an amazing opportunity I have to be able to get the chemo I need, and of which there is a shortage in the U.S., to be in this beautiful city, see some dear friends who have helped me sort things out in order to get treatment here, and the culture and environment within which I get to play with my new camera. Many of the photos here on these blog entries will be from my iPhone though.

May I introduce you to my companion on this trip? (Drum rollllll please......) Heartman!

I captured this image of Heartman waiting eagerly for our Paris flight from Chicago.



It was a great day to fly as the weather was clear and the airport was not overcrowded at all! I even had an empty seat beside me for the long flight to Paris. We even arrived 40 minutes early, which was nice.




Oh no!
He got hold of the camera for an airport shot...










and one of passengers waiting to fly to Paris.













Then he was happy to just wait for the flight, too.




Heartman was out of his mind at getting a window seat that was in an Exit row where he could really jump around. (Ted would understand this, after their wild party that tore the place up at the condo in Mougin!)











The flight was smooth, arrived early, and Heartman was all caught up on the French news upon arrival. I didn't know he could read French! And see how safely he is all buckled in?





Friday, August 19, 2011

The Air France bus left us off right here by the Arc de Triomphe. It is a very short taxi ride to the apartment from here, but since it was a gorgeous day in the low 70's, and I had managed to get 3 months worth of clothing, etc, in one 19" bag (very proud of that), I decided to take the 15-20 minute walk to the apartment.

1 comment:

Sveltie said...

Fare from Charles de Gaulle airport on Air France bus to "L'Etoile" (Arc de Triomphe) was only $15 euros. If you only had one light bag (key word: light) and no additional tote, you could take the RER train and then metro, which would be about 10 euros. Another easy option is the Roissy bus from the airport to connect with the metro line right to the block next to the apartment for slightly less than 10 euros, but consider hauling your bag up and down the metro steps. Light bag, good muscles - no problem.
http://www.slowtrav.com/france/paris/airport_transportation.htm